Monday, January 09, 2012

Design Wall Monday #2

On the design wall today is my finished quilt top for the New Year's Day Mystery over at Planet Patchwork. I went to their website to get the link for the pattern to post it for you, but it may have already been removed...I couldn't find it!
I used up lots of my favorite Dr. Seuss fabrics and love it so much I am planning to keep this quilt for myself! Did you see one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes that I have posted on the bottom of my blog??
“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!” 
That's my inspiration quote for this year, so it's perfect that my 2012 New Year's Day mystery quilt was made from Dr. Seuss fabrics!
You can see some of the other mystery tops posted on the Planet Patchwork facebook page - click here.                   And for design wall inspiration, hop over to Patchwork Times and visit the blog links.

19 comments:

Candace said...

I love your Dr. Seuss quilt and your quote. I didn't know that Dr. Seuss was so "Dirty Harry", lol.

Mary said...

I had never heard that quote before. Love it. Your quilt has such a happy feel to it!

beaquilter said...

this top looks great, shouldn't be too hard to copy into EQ if you don't have the pattern... love the quote, never heard it.

Diane said...

the quilt is great love it and the quote.

Judy D in WA said...

What a fun, fun quilt! And that quote is fabulous. Wasn't Dr Seuss the greatest???

Ellen said...

Such a fun looking quilt made with such fun fabric. I am glad you are going to keep it. It will certainly cheer you up everytime you use it!

Julie Kaye from KS said...

Great quilt. Love the quote.

Jackie J said...

Love the quilt, it looks great.

Janet O. said...

Yes, I had noticed the quotation--words of wisdom. : )
Fun, fun quilt. Love the Seuss fabrics.

Vicki H. said...

Adorable quilt and the quote is fabulous! I love it.

Mary said...

Very Cute. It would be fun to scribble quilt that quote all over the quilt too. I hadn't noticed the quote at the bottom of your Blog, you made me look! You must have recently added it.

scraphappy said...

You just have to love Dr. Seuss. What a fun quilt to start off the new year. Glad you jumped into the challenge, sometimes a new project is just what we need as quilters.

Elaine M said...

Very cheerful quilt. Love the prints.

Debbie said...

This quilt is just down right fun! Love your quotes from Dr. Seuss.

Greenmare said...

a little dr Seuss fact for you.... Since taking my French class I have purchased 3 Dr Seuss books written in French on the off chance that I have grandchildren someday, I intend to read to them in French. and if I never get grandchildren I'll just read them (again) for myself!

AnnieO said...

Your fabrics worked out great for the mystery--that's a trouble free quilt :)

Amy said...

Super cute! This is definitely a keeper.

Merilyn said...

Love the quote and love the quilt!!! It is such a bright and happy way to start the New Year!!!

Barb said...

I have some Dr. seus, this is a great pattern for it. Love it!!!